• Master’s Degree or its International Equivalent in Public Health, Behavioral, Life/Social Sciences International Development, Human Development or Related Field.
• Typically requires 5 years of research or evaluation experience and study implementation.
• Experience working or living in low- and middle-income countries preferred
• Evidence of participation in manuscript writing
• Prior experience in a non-governmental organization (NGO), government agency or private organization preferred
Typical Physical Demands:
• Typical office environment.
• Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time.
• Ability to move5 - 25 lbs.
• Leads moderately complex studies under the guidance of senior staff, including study progress, deliverables, timelines and/or budgets
• Ensures compliance with government regulations when drafting and reviewing protocols, analysis plans, reports, and manuscripts.
• Mentors more junior staff on the research process, data management, and analysis.
• Serves as a liaison with internal and external partners to ensure effective collaboration efforts.
• Helps coordinate quality control processes for research products.
Study Design and/or Implementation:
• Takes part in the design of evaluations and research studies and associated budgets
• Contributes to research protocol writing and leads preparation of data analysis plans
• Assists non-research staff on crafting suitable methods and approaches for answering program questions using available data
• Helps in the development of quantitative and qualitative data collection tools and methodologies, including the programming electronic data capture systems and other supporting tools.
• Designs informed consent processes in line with organizational and federal regulations.
• Develops study procedures & training materials, trains study teams on their implementation
• Cleans, manipulates, analyzes, and interprets data with minimal oversight
• Prepares, reviews, and maintains key study documents to ensure adequate resource and reference documentation.
• Visualizes data for dissemination to various audiences.
Applied Knowledge & Skills:
• Ability to analyze and summarize data, identify errors and prepare reports.
• Experienced knowledge of concepts, practices and procedures for conducting research studies under government regulations.
• Experience with at least one statistical analysis software program (SAS, Stata, or R)
• Experience of at least one qualitative analysis software (Nvivo, Atlas.ti, MAXQDA).
• Ability to program electronic data collection forms in ODK, RedCAP or similar.
• Able to communicate in a clear, positive manner with clients and staff.
• Collaboration skills.
• Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
• Able to read, write and speak proficient English; additional skills in written and spoken Portuguese preferred
• Experience and interest in international development with a focus on emerging infectious diseases and/or reproductive health preferred
• Experience with geographic analysis software (ArcGIS) and data visualization tools (PowerBi, Tableau) preferred.